CIEP Ed Pros 2021-22 Cohort Application
Have you ever thought…
“I’m not sure what career I want to pursue, but I know want to make a difference in people’s lives...”
“I love tutoring and working with kids, but I don’t know if the education field is right for me…”
“I want to impact education on a large scale, but I don’t think I want to teach…”
“I want to teach! But where do I even begin…”
If you’re a first - third year student and have had these thoughts, you might want to consider Career Advancement’s “Ed Pros” program – Careers in Education Professions (CIEP). The Ed Pros program:
- Is a selective cohort of students interested in actively considering the education field as a career pathway;
- Works with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year students to explore and prepare for careers in education policy, research, teaching, technology, non-profit management, and much more;
- Includes quarterly workshops, treks to Chicago and other major cities, and gatherings to build skills and better understand the education landscape;
- Provides dedicated, one-on-one career counseling to help students discern their pathway.
CIEP is currently accepting applications for its 2021-2022 cohort.
For more information about UCIEP Ed Pros, visit https://careeradvancement.uchicago.edu/uchicago-careers-in/education-professions. You can also request a coffee chat with the program director by reaching out to Bethany Pacheco - email@example.com.
The UCIEP application deadline is May 10th at 8am. Admitted students will be notified by the end of May. If you have questions please e-mail the program director, Bethany Pacheco - firstname.lastname@example.org .
TO APPLY: Please upload your resume to this Handshake posting AND submit your answers to the following short essay prompts.
- Describe an education experience that made a difference in your life. (150 words max.)
- If you’ve considered education as a possible career path, what has interested you? (150 words max.)
- What do you hope to gain from the Ed Pros experience? (150 words max.)
- What would you like to contribute to the cohort? (150 words max.)
- What career navigation skills would you like to build? (150 words max.)
- How would you ideally like to make a difference in the world? (150 words max.)