Editorial and Marketing intern
This internship is part of the University’s Jeff Metcalf Internship Program. Please review to learn more about program requirements for Metcalf interns.
Fellowship Award Amount: $1,000 - $1,250
Internship Time Commitment: Fall, Winter & Spring Quarter - 6-10 hours per week
The University of Chicago Magazine and its College supplement, the Core, are hiring an editorial and marketing intern for the 2023–24 academic year. This is a hybrid position with half of the hours (preferably Monday or Tuesday) spent at the Magazine’s offices at 5235 S. Harper Court.
The University of Chicago Magazine is a quarterly publication that is mailed to alumni and friends of the University. The Core is a biannual supplement for College alumni and parents of current College students.
We are looking for someone with a strong interest in writing and editing for print, as well as web and social media. We would prefer a student who lives in campus housing and is involved in College extracurriculars.
Job duties include
- Writing short pieces for the Magazine and the Core
- Writing web content for the Magazine
- Participating in editorial rounds for stories by other writers
- Attending weekly Magazine meetings (via Zoom, Mondays 3:30–4:30 p.m.), intern’s schedule permitting
- Taking photos and/or videos of campus events for social media
- Reporting on student life, especially house activities and extracurriculars
- Researching historical Magazine content that can be repurposed in current issues
- Helping to maintain a record of archival images used in the Magazine
- Helping with distribution of print publications by mail and on campus
- Helping brainstorm ideas to market and distribute the publications on campus
Submit Resume & Cover Letter to Handshake